Skip to main content

My Himalayan Trip (Part-1)

It's not the first attempt to go to the Himalayas. However, this time I really could go there. It was a 38 days journey into an unknown world within India. Still, there is a lot to be revealed. However, Badrinath, Kedarnath, Uttara Kasi, Gangotri, Yamunotri, Rishikesh, Haridwar, and Varanasi are no more unknown places to me. It took so many years to make it happen.

You don't need much money to go to the Himalayas if you are a bachelor. There are places which offer free stay and free food. However, I paid for every place I stayed as I had some money.

Many people are roaming in orange robes. Most of them are more psychos than Swamijis. There is no discipline. Speak the filthy language, get angry quickly, smoke, etc. I never want to be one of them. I never want to waste my time in the name of renunciation and sadhana. These all are lies. It seems that it is more of escapism than sadhana. I know many other places and options to do sadhana. This is not my cup of tea. As far as the Himalayan journey is concerned, I climbed many mountains, walked many miles, and made friends; it was a fantastic experience.

There is so much talked about #IndianRailways. However, the reality is something that didn't change much.
1. Vijayawada Railway Station Platform #
     Rs. 5/- Little Hearts packet was being sold for Rs.10/-. I tweeted the same to +Rail Ministry 
  and I got the reply in just 2 minutes, to my surprise, saying that the matter had been notified to the concerned officials.  I don't know if there is any change in ground reality yet.

2.@sureshpprabhu, these unreserved people have started smoking in the coach S1/12687. Plz take necsry action. Thank you https://t.co/ezSUKoUEEK

    Police have indeed come, and they didn't have the guts to take out all the ticket-less people from the coach as they all were wearing Orange colored dresses. Why are they treated specially? Indian Railways isn't running with Hindu money. It is taxpayer's money that supports the functioning. If you have any sentiments, you should practice at home, not at work. And on top of it, it is mentioned on the train tickets that "IR recovers only 57% of the cost of travel on an average". It is a shame that thousands of people travel without paying a single penny. Will printing on the tickets help you fetch money? The journey from Hazrat Nizamuddin to Haridwar was a nightmare as most people started smoking and fighting with the people who had valid reservations. There is a lot to write just from one journey. Why don't the officials take the necessary steps to stop leakages? At #AyodhyaRailwayStation shameless Railway Police were helping the general public to board sleeper class.

   
I boarded a bus from Haridwar to Joshimath as there weren't direct buses to Badrinath. It was very refreshing to breathe the mountain air and those sceneries. Welcome to Uttarakhand. There was a roadblock around 15 Kms before my destination. There was no way that the block was cleared the same day. Many people decided to go back to stay in hotels that night. I didn't want to go anywhere, and there was a tap next to the road. I took a bath and found someplace next to the road. I spread my yoga mat and slept without worrying much about dinner. Later on, found dogs also sleeping at the entrance and felt more secure. I woke up in the morning and found everything okay and already started feeling as if I'm a monk ;-)
I didn't wait for the road to get functional. I just climbed mountains and reached the other side and reached Joshimath and then Badrinath the same day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freedom???

One person asked me, "Are you surprised to see the freedom here that you don't see in India?" I know what you are trying to interpret from this question. Yes, you are right. The context was about having a close relationship without marriage with whoever and whenever. IS THAT REALLY A FREEDOM ABOUT WHICH YOU CAN NOT REVEAL TO THE WORLD? IS THAT REALLY A FREEDOM THAT YOU CAN NOT CLAIM OPENLY? IS THAT REALLY A FREEDOM TO  ALWAYS REVOLVE AROUND SEX? IS THAT REALLY A FREEDOM TO HAVE ONSs (One Night Stands)? I call it extremism, not FREEDOM. I call it Hypocrisy. Why am I writing this post at all? Does it matter? Forget about it.

Oh God! When will you get lost?

A belo3w 10-year-old girl was s1aitting in front of God before going to school and pleading with Great God to make her do well on her sports day. A 6-year-old boy was praying to Great God to make him stand 1st in his exams before going to school. When will this God leave these young minds, very young minds? In fact, it is not the young minds who are to be free from the concept of God. It is the parents' minds which are to be educated. If a girl has to do well in sports, she must practice well. "You play the way you practice, not the way you pray to God." If a boy has to do well in his exams, he must study well. A well-prepared boy will not get failed if he doesn't pay God. Or A boy without any preparation will not do well by just pleading to God. When will this God get lost from the very young minds? You aren't what you believe or say you are, and you are only what you do and how you do it. Someone said that “When you come to an end, that’s where God begins

Is your Dad bad?

Have you ever been asked,  "Is your Dad bad?" Well, let's unpack that. Do you stand by idly while every Tom, Dick, and Harry insults him without cause? Do you allow others to exploit him? Is it fair to assume that someone labeled as "bad" is incapable of any good deeds? Speaking up for a father who may have made mistakes doesn't necessarily equate to love and affection. It's about navigating complex emotions and setting boundaries to protect oneself from toxicity. Personally, I have no desire to return to a turbulent existence devoid of both love and hatred. In that state of neutrality, it becomes clearer to distinguish between good and bad. I often find myself pondering the selfishness of humanity. When people are in need, they turn a blind eye to flaws and faults. But as soon as the need disappears, they're quick to compile a laundry list of wrongdoings. Ultimately, managing priorities isn't within everyone's capabilities. The b